12.21.2008

Today's Loveliness

. Catching Up - The end of a semester is the most satisfying time in more ways that one.
. Cream Puffs - A delicious dessert that satisfies sugar cravings. I dusted mine with some cinnamon powder and drank warm apple cider for a cozy seasonal treat. The family enjoyed them, too.
. Tool - They aren't paying me, (unless a representative is reading right now and would like to contact me with an offer of compensation... ), but I must say this saves me time and makes me happy.
. Family - After a game consisting of guns and hiding, Dad and I played catch. I love doing that with my dad because he always teases me for throwing like a girl, and I furiously insist I do not ('cause I don't ).
. Melody - Can it get any better than a song with the word rose in its title? Aye, it can. It is sung in French by an entrancing voice.
. God - He is my Constant One.
. Warmth - I have some I bought from Wal-Mart. They make me happy.
. Reading - I am obsessed with health related blogs. Hers is one of my favorites.

I will close with a poem my last link quoted.

"Nursing is an art:
and if it is to be made an art,
It requires an exclusive devotion
as hard a preparation,
as any painter's or sculptor's work;
for what is the having to do with
dead canvas or dead marble,
comparedwith having to do
with the living body,
the temple of God's spirit?
It is one of the Fine Arts:
I had almost said,
the finest of Fine Arts."

-Florence Nightingale

Elizabeth Cheryl
Ellie, Connie,
Bets, Bubbly,
Firecracker, Rosie,
Squeaks, Twitchy,
Shrimpy, Cheerio,
Shortcake, Pinkie,
E, & Liz!

No comments: